Making 2017 A Safer World to Live In
Thank you for reading our blog this year. As this is our last post in 2017, what better way to end the year with a round-up of our company highlights and an exclusive, sneak preview into 2018. This year…
We inspected trillions of products.
Every minute of every day, our advanced product inspection technologies inspect millions of packages across the globe. We are committed to working together with manufacturers to safeguard consumers from non-conforming products. Conformity means products are contaminant-free, at accurate weight levels, correctly labelled and contain the correct contents. We also ensure that products are inspected for packaging and presentation defects.
Together, with our technology and customers, we make the world a safer place for us all to live in.
We launched new product inspection technology innovations.
New for x-ray:
- We achieved an industry first: our X39 x-ray system inspects frozen-formed products for 10 integrity checks, at high speeds.
- We launched a 5-year generator warranty thanks to the robust design and build process of our x-ray machines. Typically, x-ray generators hold a 30 months’ warranty.
New for checkweighing:
- We launched our brand new C-Series portfolio of dynamic Checkweighers, developed as a future-proof, global platform. The C-Series products represent a scalable and adaptable platform covering all weighing challenges from standard to highly complex applications in the production line. Highlights Include:
- Robust water protected conveyor belts, tested for resistance by ECO LAB.
- Hygienic, reduced flat surfaces design of the C-Series which is second to none for installation and cleaning aspects, featuring an open frame architecture and 4 feet only even for combination products.
- An entry level system with the market’s broadest offering of connectivity solutions in-built.
New for metal detection:
- We introduced Profile Vertical Enhancements to our Profile Throat, Superthroat and Gravity Fall metal detectors. Highlights include:
- Reduced Test Mode and Automatic Test System optimize routine performance monitoring processes by reducing the frequency of testing and the time taken to conduct the tests respectively, with added benefits including improved worker safety, improved test repeatability and enhanced accuracy of testing routines.
- Emulation enables remote access and control of multiple profile metal detectors from a variety of networked devices including other production line equipment for enhanced productivity and operator efficiency.
- eDrive delivers up to 20% better sensitivity in high volume, dry product applications to detect smaller metal contaminants for improved brand protection.
- We designed the Series 90 conveyorized system for bakery and confectionery applications. This is perfect for fast and efficient inspection of multi-lane or randomly presented light to medium weight dry products.
New for vision inspection:
- We launched a high-resolution Smart Camera 320 for track & trace systems. The camera is designed to work precisely and reliably irrespective of line speeds and production space limitations.
- We introduced the T2620, a serialization technology for cartons, into the marketplace. This compact, fully integrated system performs track and trace, marking and verification.
- We won awards for our new Dot Print Tool within CIVCore 11.5 vision inspection software. The technology verifies the accuracy and quality of inkjet printing used to apply variable information, such as expiration dates. It is so advanced it compensates for distortion due to movement on production lines.
- We enhanced our V2630 vision inspection technology. This system automatically inspects labels, prints and packaging properties and, due to its modular design, can be flexibly adapted to the requirements of different production lines.
We spread our message of product safety across the globe.
- Interpack 2017, Germany
- This was our successful C-Series launch event for Europe, broadly reported on in the press. Apart from the new checkweighing portfolio, our team showed visitors, from all over the globe, how our product inspection technologies can enhance their food and pharmaceutical lines. We also exhibited at many other events including PACK EXPO 2017 in Las Vegas.
We won a bunch of prestigious awards.
- Queen’s Award for Enterprise: This is the 2nd time we have received this award, this time in the Innovation category for our X33 x-ray technology.
- One of our apprentices, Jordan Brophy, received a silver medal for Outstanding Final Year Apprentice Award at the EEF Future Manufacturing Awards.
- The new CIVCore 11.5 vision inspection software Dot Print tool won the Packaging Digest WestPack 2017 Innovation Award.
- We were highly commended for the Excellence & Innovation in International Trade Award at the NW Insider Awards last week.
And, Now…SPOILER ALERT!
Our new advanced x-ray technology for inspecting packaged food is being prepared for launch in Q1. We will showcase our new innovation at Anuga FoodTec, Cologne, 20-23 March 2018.
From all of us at Mettler-Toledo Product Inspection – We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.Leave a reply →